CS as a Career
The course of Company Secretary (CS) is a professional course offered by “The Institute of Company Secretaries of India”. After completion of the said course, one can practise as a Company Secretary.
With the onset of globalisation, there is a colossal demand for CS’s, making the scope for a CS wider even before.
A student becomes a Company Secretary only after clearing the CS Final exam.
The Company Secretary is:
- An in-house legal expert; a compliance officer of the Company
- An expert in corporate laws, securities laws & capital market and corporate governance
- Chief advisor to the board of directors on best practices in corporate governance
- Responsible for all regulatory compliances of company
- Corporate planner and strategic manage
There are three levels that a student has to clear to become a qualified Company Secretary